I am linking up with Very Berry Handmade's huge 2012 resolution and giveaway. Go check it out!
1. All three of my daughters are graduating this year, two in June and one in November – that means graduation quilts! DD # 2 already had one graduation quilt, but since I have another quilt started for her, a second graduation quilt seems like a fine idea. The top for DD # 3s is almost finished, and I don’t have a clue what to do for DD # 1.
2. I signed up for a BOM quilt from Fat Quarter Shop. I want to try to keep up with it month by month.
3. At the beginning of the year I thought I wanted to resolve not to join any more swaps. Because they take a lot of time and cut into my “me” sewing. But I like swaps. It’s fun to meet people, try things I might never otherwise try and receive fun mail. So I’m going to resolve to be judicious in signing up for swaps and not get myself overwhelmed. And I resolve to make sure that I post pictures of the swap items I receive. I' haven’t always been diligent in doing that.
4. I have already resolved to finish four of my UFO quilts this year. DDs # 2 and # 3”s quilts will count as two of them. These are the other two I want to finish. The first is a present for a friend that has been in the making much too long – about four years. The other is my colours quilt, which is for me.
5. I have a couple of smaller UFO items that I want to get finished this year as well. This table runner that is half-way quilted and this pincushion.
6. Try something new. I’m not sure what it will be…. I am interested in trying a selvedge quilt, a crazy quilt, and I’ve started a collection of silk ties for a tie quilt. I’m taking a class using shrinking backing that gives you cool textures. I’d love to make an EPP quilt with all the various stars – although EPP isn’t new to me, shapes other than hexagons are. I’m sure the mysteries of the quilting world will unfold for me as they should.
7. The biggest and best… I want to have fun and stay in touch with quilting blog buddies!
some lovely projects planned Janet... good luck with them all...ReplyDelete
I am glad that blue and white quilt will be making an appearance and hopefully getting finished. You will probably have it quilted before I do mine too.
I love those rainbow string blocks!ReplyDelete
My new learning for this year is needle turned appliqué!
I heard you mention swaps. What is that?ReplyDelete
Great goals for the year. Look forward to following along with you and making sure you stick true to the goals.ReplyDelete
That's a really neat BOM - I would have signed up for it, too, if I didn't already have too many going. Would love to see your progress linked up at BOMs Away when you work on it. :DReplyDelete
Great resolutions. Love your Bunnyhill BOM choiceReplyDelete
Wonderful resolutions - all I'm sure will be met. And thanks for giving me an idea for my DIL's grad - I was wondering what I could do for her!ReplyDelete
LAST one sounds the best to me xxReplyDelete
Good site! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I've subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!ReplyDelete
Torspo Surge 221 Gloves [SENIOR]