June has not been a stellar month sewing wise. The weather has been stupendous. The garden is growing profusely. We have had company galore. The boats have been launched and used. Life is busy. I have been working 2.5 days a week.
1. Six inch quilt block swap Done Two blocks and a little sample of a postage stamp block for my partner.
I’ve decided to take a break from this swap for a while, even though I love making this little blocks.
2. Bee Balm block swap The instructions and fabric only arrived last week and I barrelled into getting the block done and MADE A MISTAKE, cutting into the fabric I was sent. After looking for a week I’ve found a replacement – not the same but as close as I’m gonna get. I still have to make the block.
3. Block swap adventure Done
4. Inchy hexagon swap Done
5. MMM Round Robin Done Last month for this one. Here’s a sneak peek.
6. Simply Solids block swap Done
7. Get your Hex On bee Done
8. Charm Pack Table Runner for Terry. NOT DONE
9. A birthday star block for Quilt Diva Julie. NOT DONE
10. A mug rug for my secret partner in the Flickr Mug Rug Revival swap. Done
As well I am going to:
***** Finish Easy Street! Or try to any way. I have 16 square blocks to make and 10 triangle blocks. And borders and quilting. Yikes! Oh well, I will try.. But I wasn’t too successful. Only four blocks done…
**** Finish the table mat I started for the Stitch Me Up blog hop. NOT DONE
*** Work on the X and + quilt . I’m going to try for ten more blocks again this month. NOT DONE
** Continue making leader/ender postage stamp blocks. These are coming along!!
* Make the prototype dress for DGD’s doll. I need to decide if this dress is the right one for my GDs for the wedding in September…. DD#2’s wedding… NOT DONE
I am probably setting myself up for failure but I have to get this sewing done sometime!!
1. Bee Balm block swap – No word yet on the instructions for July, but I am getting June’s block in the mail tomorrow.
2. Block swap adventure – 1 - 12.5 in block – mail by the 25th. Carol wants any block and she likes purples. I’m looking for a fun block pattern.
3. Inchy hexagon swap – 2 hexies per month – mail by July 31st. Lori wants “different fabrics”. Should be fun finding the right ones.
4. Simply Solids block swap – Mail by July 26th – Annie wants a spider web block. I’ve wanted to make one of these for ages!
5. Get your Hex On bee – mail by July 31st. Stacey wants grouped hexies of different sizes on a grey background. Fun! I’m waiting for my package to arrive.
6. Charm Pack Table Runner for Terry. I have a plan and the fabric and pattern. This will hopefully be done this week.
7. A birthday star block for Quilt Diva Julie.
8. A postcard for my partner in Sheila's postcard swap. Due by July 31st.
9. Some kind of homemade goodie for my secret partner in the It's a Sister Thing Swap. I have until the end of August to finish this one, but I’ll be thinking about it and hopefully making something sooner.
As well I am going to:
***** Finish Easy Street! Darn it! I am going to finish it this month. Because August and September are too busy for me to try and do it then.
**** Finish the table mat I started for the Stitch Me Up blog hop. This one would probably take a day to finish. I need to get it done!!
*** Work on the X and + quilt . I’m going to try for ten more blocks again this month.
** Continue making leader/ender postage stamp blocks.
* Make the prototype dress for DGD’s doll. I need to decide if this dress is the right one for my GDs for the wedding in September…. DD#2’s wedding… And okay this one now has top priority! Because I’ll have to make the dresses for the girls next!