Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Monday, April 9, 2012

This week, April 2nd to April 9th, I….

Did you notice that this week has eight days?  Since tomorrow feels like Monday, and today feels like the weekend, I decided to include my progress from today in last week.  I’ve had a busy week for sure.

I took Thursday off work so I could go to the SALE at the quilt store nearby me in Alaska.  They have a sale once a year, usually in February, but it was later this year.  I didn’t spend too much money – after all I did just buy a fat quarter bundle from The Intrepid Thread …..They were busy cleaning the streets and washing store windows in Skagway….getting ready for the tourist season….

IMG_4822

Still lots of snow in the pass though…

IMG_4823

A little while ago my blogging friend Sheila made some I Spy placemats and I thought it was a great idea for my grandkids for Easter. Of course I ran out of time…. but I found some cute fabric for DGS at the sale that didn’t require cutting and piecing….

IMG_4868

And for DGD I made this one which did require some piecing… and the fabric didn’t come from the sale…

IMG_4869

There was another cute piece of fabric from the sale that I made into a third place mat for a little girl …. but I forgot to take a picture before I sealed the envelope….

On Saturday we had a lovely Easter turkey dinner at my nephew’s house…. the weather was beautiful… see how northern kids dress for the weather….

IMG_4828

Of course jumping in the mud puddle requires a little more covering…

IMG_4839

IMG_4844

Although I’m not sure why ….

IMG_4855

A lovely dessert rounded off the day…

IMG_4865

We all stayed overnight and got to watch the excitement of egg hunting in the morning…. although I was tired enough that I needed a nap before we went off to our next turkey dinner at a friend’s house on Sunday evening…the topic of conversation at this party was mostly politics…

I spent a bit of time in my sewing room today.  Mostly I was cutting two inch blocks for the second postage stamp swap party over at Mary's.  She is taking signups until April 22nd…. I signed up to swap four sets of 100 and to gift four sets of 50, so I have lots of cutting to do…. My friend Alberta is swapping fourteen sets!….

IMG_4874

And I also sewed together another 200 blocks…

IMG_4871

One lovely little gifty in the mail this week… I won this little house ornament from Kathy at Sew Happy House.  She made a wooden gift tag to go with it!  So cute.

IMG_4872

Janet

10 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your week with us xx The placemats are great I am sure they will be well used xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you needed that extra day, you crammed in two weeks worth! Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your photos - Alaska is the first place hubby and i want to visit where we are free of kids - some days we just look at each other say "Alaska" to tell ourselves we have something to look forward to! Not sure I see the alure of the mud puddle but maybe I am too old! LOL Love the placemats though - very cute and the little house is adorable - lucky you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful there in Alaska. I am going to have to make some place mats for my little girls. Yours are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos of your neck of the woods. Sounds like you had fun visiting.
    Very nice placemats too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've been SO busy. I don't even know what to comment on, haha. I love the pictures you always post about your town and your travels. I know the fabric sale was fun and it sounds like your Easter was fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love seeing photos of your area , incredibly beautiful , love the new header . Great that you made the placemats , they are wonderful and I bet they loved them too! Cute house you won and I am glad you had a good time at the fabric sale ,one can never pass up a good bargain ;-) Enjoy your week. Hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a lovely week... love your placemats....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a busy week! I love the little girls having tea and especially like the sisters reading on the swing.....the way you placed the flower fabric really looks nice. I'm shivering just looking at all that snow! I grew up with a lot of snow and loved playing in it as a kid....and even as a grownup when I went skiing....but now...snow just once in awhile, thank you....at Christmastime is enough.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. enjoy the snow and mud pictures. Just got back this afternoon from 3 days of quilting retreat... had a blast... sure hope you have just as good a time as I did and I hope my little package gets to you before you leave for your retreat.

    ReplyDelete