Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Saturday, September 9, 2017

My Pincushion Parade

Today I am linking up with My Sister Made Me Do It to show off the rest of my pin cushions.  Last year I posted quite a few of my pin cushions for the parade  You can see them here.  But I realized I missed a few, and maybe I've acquired a couple of new ones since last year.  😉

I bought this beautiful swan from someone online.  She had acquired a lot of old china pieces like this and had decided to make them into pincushions and sell them to raise money for charity  I think I paid $10 for this though, so I'm not sure how much she would have raised.  Unfortunately I can't remember who she was.  The pin cushion is very elegant and sits on the windowsill watching out for wandering animals in the yard.


This is another one that I acquired and I can't remember who from.  I think it was in a swap or a giveaway.  Isn't that terrible - that I can't remember, I mean.  This one is felted wool and I like it quite a bit except that it is only about an inch thick.  I have it hung on my cork board and it does get the odd pin or needle stuck in it.



I got this one last year at retreat.  A little fairy came through in the night and lift it on my table.  I made the decorative pins using buttons and tiny glass headed pins.  They aren't really practical for using but they are cute.


This last one was made for me by Lynn from Ontario.  It is pretty but very shallow so it is a decorative rather than useful pincushion.


And here are all of my pincushions out on parade.


Except that there is one more.... The ugly pincushion.  He gets a post all on his own....😍

Janet 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, those are such interesting and pretty pincushions. I enjoyed your parade. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cardinal! How I wish I could get some real ones to come to our feeder. You have a great collection and I enjoyed getting to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely pincushions you entered in the parade...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to recall about that gal that was making pin cushions for charity.......Love your pincushions.......I still haven't made the tin can chair again....started it and it sat on my dresser waiting to twist into shape and well.....then I threw it away....I'll try again later.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have joined in this as I have some that are much different ... not all that beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using up old items to make a pincushion is a great idea. The swan vase is perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing array of pincushions! x

    ReplyDelete