Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, September 24, 2017

A lovely weekend

I had an extremely stressful week last week.  Monday and Tuesday were long days taken up with back to back meetings at work that were not fun.  Then I had a ton of work to do the rest of the week and hubby was away from Wednesday on.  Although I like having time to myself, I was too tired to do anything constructive with it and my diet deteriorated rapidly as I didn't have to cook for him.  So I was ready for some fun this weekend!

On Saturday a group of us got together to do some talking and scarf dyeing and a little bit of sewing.  It was supposed to be a lot of sewing but the talking took over 😂.  I took a few pics of the scarf dyeing in process.  This is the same method we learned about in Saskatchewan in the spring.  You can read about the process here



I wasn't happy with how my scarf turned out, so I redyed it this morning. 


I didn't get a great photo of the overall scarf, but here are a couple of closeups that give you an idea of the detail.


Seeded Eucalyptus 


Raspberry leaves

This afternoon we went for a bike ride to the cranberry patch with our neighbours.


And we came home with lots of cranberries.  Here are a couple of trays ready to go in the freezer.


So all in all it was a very pleasant weekend and I feel ready to tackle work again this week.  Only three days and then I am off to a four day retreat.  YAY!  So I'll see you hopefully next weekend with some sewing updates to show. 

I hope your weekend was equally as relaxing and fun.

Janet 





10 comments:

  1. Your scarf looks gorgeous Janet. What a great crop of cranberries - do you use them in pies? Have a great week and enjoy your retreat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cranberry jelly!!! Lovely scarf dying, what a great method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cranberries look wonderful and fresh. Glad you got creative to relax xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to play with friends.. your scarf looks great.
    Wonderful couple of trays of fresh cranberries...enjoy 😋

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a lovely weekend after a tough week... those cranberries look yummy! I had a sudden thought... would they work for dyeing scarves? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty scarf but it looks like a lot of work. Lucky you to have those beautiful cranberries available. Have fun at the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, cranberry jam and cranberry scones ... yummy. I'd have to go a long way on a bike to find such a treasure. Fun to talk and mess around with friends. Eating alone has been a great way to lose weight, though that was not my plan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarf is pretty. I love cranberries. Must be time i made sone more biscuits with cranberries in them. :). Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely scarf and those cranberries look so yummy . Sounds like a real fun weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was SOOOO much fun. I think I quilted for 5 minutes, and laughed for 8 hours. :-)
    Thanks for showing us how to make these scarves.

    ReplyDelete