Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Friday Night (and Saturday and Sunday) with Friends

I hope everyone had a fun filled FNWF.  We did here! I was terrible at taking pictures and the ones I did take aren't flattering so I am not going to post them.  But I really did sew with some in person friends as well as all my cyber buddies.  Lori was working on a UFO that she figured was about 17 years old.  Marg had made a large wall hanging of a rearing stallion using the fusible web method and she was busy stitching around the edges.  Linda started a new quilt and got four blocks done.  And Connie, who is a bit of a new quilter, made a set of four placemats with matching coasters.

On Friday night I finished stitching down the binding on my postage stamp quilt and sewed on the label.


I'm keeping the details of this quilt for a full post sometime so you're only getting a peek.  😊

And then I spent the rest of the weekend working on En Provence.  First I cut and sewed 169 of these two patch purple blocks to make a total of 336 of them altogether.


And then I turned about half of them into 4 patch blocks.


But then I had to say "enough" because I wanted to at least make one more block.  Four of the sixteen done!  But I still have to make a whole lot of the joining strips and then there is the border to put together.


And there you have my weekend's worth of sewing.  It seems like so little in retrospect.  😞

Here is a little quiz for you.  Can anyone guess what this is?


 Tee hee! 😃  Head on over to Cheryll's blog to see what everyone else got up to for Friday Night with Friends.

Janet 

13 comments:

  1. A random guess?? Long roots from some plant that runs underground?????
    Love all those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a stringy looking cactus that resembles that except in color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such a good time sewing En Provence and seeing your purple four patches really brings back happy memories!

    Your mystery photo looks like some sort of plant desperately trying to grow in the dark...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to be spending an evening stitching with both your friends and cyber ones as well.
    Look forward to your Poatage Stamp reveal .
    You were keep busy making cutting and sewing your 4 patch blocks .
    Great to make one more En Province block.
    Hmm! I think your Mystery photo is a plant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I'm finally writing in to say it was so lovely to actually meet you in person this summer! Next time we'll actually have a cup of tea and maybe even a little stitching together. :)
    And...I'm going to guess they mystery photo is of something that Jack Frost had a go at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great effort on those four patches and block. Look forward to seeing the positive stamp revealed. ??? Straw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always fun to stitch with real people as well as cyber buddies - somehow you get even more done - loving the quilt - purple & yellow are such a great combination.
    Binding is such a satisfying job...I suspect that is some kind of plant - and maybe not too healthy a one at that.....hope it wasnt a favourite of yours.-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to sew with real and cyber friends, sounds like everyone had a good and productive time. You got heaps of squares done for your four patches. Your blocks are beautiful and I can't wait to see the reveal on your postage stamp quilt. Is that mystery photo, potatoes that have been in a dark place and started to grow??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cuántas hermosuras Janet!!! Me encantaron tus bloques. Estaré atenta para ver el quilt armado. Recibe un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet beautiful work my friend,is the mystery straw? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing that finished quilt - too tempting a picture! Sounds like you had a great evening. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That mystery pic is definitely potatoes that either didn't get eaten or didn't get sown and decided to spread their roots anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was NiCe having yur company at FNwF too...
    Love the idea of the pin cushion remembrance of Texas.

    ReplyDelete