Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I’m swamped with swaps!

I have taken a vow not to sign up for any more swaps – for at least this week.  I enjoy participating in swaps; they expand my knowledge and techniques as I try out all kinds of things I would probably never do otherwise.  But I feel like I have done nothing for the last week but try and get things finished to meet deadlines.  These things felt manageable when I signed up for them, but suddenly they aren’t. 

To be fair I did spend a great deal of time on the weekend out walking with my dog in the sun and mud, and trying to get a fix on some birds.  On Friday and Saturday my yard and the little campground across the road from me were inundated with thousands of birds which were singing quite lustily.  They even drowned out the noise of the big wind.  They were up in the tops of the trees and were hard to see, but would flit from tree to tree.  I eventually decided they were Common Red Polls.  So awe-inspiring to hear so many birds sing at once.

With all my sewing I don’t feel like I finished that much.  Here’s the count.

1. Christmas block swap for Ann in Nova Scotia.  Only a sneak peek – and blurry too.

IMG_3271

2. April hexies for the Inchy hexie swap.  These are travelling to Lorraine in England so I wanted to get them done early.  The last couple of things I’ve sent to England are taking FOREVER to get there.

IMG_3303

3. The pin cushion round for Sue Mobilia.  This has to travel to Marina in Australia for the next round.  I’m not 100% happy with what I’ve done so far and may have to add a bit to it.

IMG_3307

4. And then last night I finished my hot mat for the Hot Mat Swap.  This is going to an unnamed partner as it’s a secret swap.  I am really pleased with how this turned out.

The side view….

IMG_3310

The top view….

IMG_3314

And the back….

IMG_3312

I used that green fabric especially for my friend Dahn, because she loves it so much Smile  (She actually hates it, but I think it is perfect in this application)

I still have a mug rug to make and get in the mail by Friday.  Phew! 

And on a happy note (there is an upside to these swaps after all)  I received this lovely hexie for April from Linda in California. I just love the fussy cut petals which are all different.  Just like nature.

IMG_3309

I’m off to work on a mug rug….

Janet

8 comments:

  1. You have been very busy! I, too, have taken a vow not to sign up for any more swaps at least for awhile. Your flowers are beautiful and your pin cushion is darling. Your hot pad is too pretty to use! So glad you like the hexie.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely Janet.... I am enjoying swaps too - you have made some real beauties....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, heaps of great sewing in this post. I love your little goat on your pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great swaps! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swaps sometimes get you swamped that's for sure! but they are FuN! Thanks for joining in mine! and you DiD get a lot done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work Janet,well done,and i know what you mean with swaps but i think i am addicted,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, you have been busy! I have just one swap right now, but need to get busy on my BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many gorgeous creations!! How do you find your swaps? I'm new to sewing and have only been able to find a couple by googling....

    ReplyDelete