Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Friday Night with Friends Report for February

I have been working on the quilting on my cat quilt – some of it was done on Friday night but I try to do a bit every day.  Here is some of my progress.

006

Detail around the cats in the sun.

007

The title of the first panel.

008

And some straight line quilting border work on the cats in the window panel.

It seems that I didn’t plan enough time for finishing it though as I keep on being too busy and I am worried that I won’t get it done in time.  Oh well, all I can do is try and if it doesn’t get done for this visit it will be done for the next one!

I did manage to get a few other things finished this week.  On Wednesday I went to a Bernina class at my LQS.  Ruth holds these classes once a month (except in summer – noone would come then).  We make a little project and learn about how to use some particular foot or feet or settings on the machine.  I attended these classes when I first bought my machine and learned tons but I feel like I have lots more to learn.  This class we made a wall hanging.

002

I learned how to do machine sewn binding the right way – it turns out that the way I was doing it on the placemats I made at Christmas was my own invention, although it worked okay.  And I learned a different way to do a diagonal join on the binding.  Here is my leaf on my mini quilt hanger.

005

And I had a spare hour before the class started during which time I put the straps on this bag (that I made at quilt retreat last September!!) 

004

It is a very large bag and I quite like it, although I like the smaller version that I made even more. I made this one about a year ago but I don’t seem to have ever posted a photo.

009A

And that’s all folks.  Smile  I have a busy week coming up.  I am attending a workshop on Monday and Tuesday, working on Wednesday and part of Thursday and attending five films at the Available Light Film Festival, one on Tuesday evening, one on Wednesday afternoon and three on Thursday.  And Thursday is my birthday – and it’s a big one – 65 – so I get to watch all the movies I want to. Winking smile

Please check out Cheryl's blog to see what everyone else got up to for Friday Night with Friends.

Janet

16 comments:

  1. Hi Janet. Oh I love your cat quilt and your new hanging looks fantastic and well done with your bags you sure have been busy,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful birthday Janet - enjoy all those films. Your quilting is coming along nicely and the little wall hanging is sweet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cat quilt. Gorgeous hanging &the bags looks lovely. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a wonderful 65th birthday Janet. XXX
    Great quilting on the Cats and hope you get it finished in time.
    I also do machine binding and probably do it wrong too as i've never had lessons. Great idea.
    Love those bags...
    Enjoy your week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder about the binding too. It is my bugbear. I even have a binding attachment and can't seem to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 65, a wonderful milestone, and down here that is the age you finally get a National Super payment each fortnight from the government.The cats, looking wonderful, and enjoy those movies. Happy Birthday for Thursday, celebrate well,XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilting on the cat quilt. Keeps going, you’ll get there. Early happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy. Super cute cats and that mini hanging is lovely. It has a mosaic appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cats are adorable! Sounds like you have a fun week ahead of you - and in the midst, a happy birthday celebration! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet I'm loving the detail you're putting in the cats quilt, very clever!
    Many Happy Returns for a great birthday on Thursday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your bright and cheery cat quilt, fantastic quilting!
    beautiful bags too...
    Hope you have a great birthday on thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice way to spend time with friends. No quilting for me but over the snowy hills to the women's conference and there will be a weekend of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the little wall hanging! And your bags are just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been busy! I love all the different quilting on the cat quilt! So inventive x

    ReplyDelete