Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Monday, April 3, 2017

It has been a slow week as far as sewing is concerned.  Just too many other things on my plate at the moment.  Year end books for the association that I do bookkeeping for.  Getting ready to do income taxes.  Spring skiing.  Visits from my grandkids who were on spring break.  Archery. The list goes on and on.

I did get hexies made for my March swap partner and got them in the mail before the end of the month.  She wanted red and white petals and any colour centres.  I found this combination difficult for some reason.


I have six hexie flowers ready for my Grandmother's Flower Garden.  I can't remember how many more flowers I said I am going to need but as of now I have determined that I need 27.  Here are the six that are ready to go.


When my granddaughter was visiting last week she finally finished her stuffed panda that she started making last fall.


Look at the intricate piecing on the top.  She did a really good job of this.  I told her what to do, but she did all the cutting and sewing herself.  And fabric choices.



And here is the piece my friend Donna was working on at our sewing get together the weekend before last.  She hadn't finished the circle that day, but did so last week.  This is from a class that Donna and I took with Canadian quilt instructor, Elaine Quehl, last spring.




That's all she wrote for this post.  I hope you are having a wonderful week.

Janet 

4 comments:

  1. Your grandaughter's panda is brilliant - well done her! Your hexies are coming along nicely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet love your hexies and boy well done to your GD she has done a marvelous job of her Panda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter has done a great job with her Panda! Tell her well done from all of us :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been super busy , love the panda your granddaughter made , so cute . More pretty hexies to add to your quilt!

    ReplyDelete