June has not been a stellar month sewing wise. The weather has been stupendous. The garden is growing profusely. We have had company galore. The boats have been launched and used. Life is busy. I have been working 2.5 days a week.
1. Six inch quilt block swap Done Two blocks and a little sample of a postage stamp block for my partner.
I’ve decided to take a break from this swap for a while, even though I love making this little blocks.
2. Bee Balm block swap The instructions and fabric only arrived last week and I barrelled into getting the block done and MADE A MISTAKE, cutting into the fabric I was sent. After looking for a week I’ve found a replacement – not the same but as close as I’m gonna get. I still have to make the block.
3. Block swap adventure Done
4. Inchy hexagon swap Done
5. MMM Round Robin Done Last month for this one. Here’s a sneak peek.
6. Simply Solids block swap Done
7. Get your Hex On bee Done
8. Charm Pack Table Runner for Terry. NOT DONE
9. A birthday star block for Quilt Diva Julie. NOT DONE
10. A mug rug for my secret partner in the Flickr Mug Rug Revival swap. Done
As well I am going to:
***** Finish Easy Street! Or try to any way. I have 16 square blocks to make and 10 triangle blocks. And borders and quilting. Yikes! Oh well, I will try.. But I wasn’t too successful. Only four blocks done…
**** Finish the table mat I started for the Stitch Me Up blog hop. NOT DONE
*** Work on the X and + quilt . I’m going to try for ten more blocks again this month. NOT DONE
** Continue making leader/ender postage stamp blocks. These are coming along!!
* Make the prototype dress for DGD’s doll. I need to decide if this dress is the right one for my GDs for the wedding in September…. DD#2’s wedding… NOT DONE
I am probably setting myself up for failure but I have to get this sewing done sometime!!
1. Bee Balm block swap – No word yet on the instructions for July, but I am getting June’s block in the mail tomorrow.
2. Block swap adventure – 1 - 12.5 in block – mail by the 25th. Carol wants any block and she likes purples. I’m looking for a fun block pattern.
3. Inchy hexagon swap – 2 hexies per month – mail by July 31st. Lori wants “different fabrics”. Should be fun finding the right ones.
4. Simply Solids block swap – Mail by July 26th – Annie wants a spider web block. I’ve wanted to make one of these for ages!
5. Get your Hex On bee – mail by July 31st. Stacey wants grouped hexies of different sizes on a grey background. Fun! I’m waiting for my package to arrive.
6. Charm Pack Table Runner for Terry. I have a plan and the fabric and pattern. This will hopefully be done this week.
7. A birthday star block for Quilt Diva Julie.
8. A postcard for my partner in Sheila's postcard swap. Due by July 31st.
9. Some kind of homemade goodie for my secret partner in the It's a Sister Thing Swap. I have until the end of August to finish this one, but I’ll be thinking about it and hopefully making something sooner.
As well I am going to:
***** Finish Easy Street! Darn it! I am going to finish it this month. Because August and September are too busy for me to try and do it then.
**** Finish the table mat I started for the Stitch Me Up blog hop. This one would probably take a day to finish. I need to get it done!!
*** Work on the X and + quilt . I’m going to try for ten more blocks again this month.
** Continue making leader/ender postage stamp blocks.
* Make the prototype dress for DGD’s doll. I need to decide if this dress is the right one for my GDs for the wedding in September…. DD#2’s wedding… And okay this one now has top priority! Because I’ll have to make the dresses for the girls next!
Wow just looking at your list makes my head spin!!! Good luck getting it done. Wish I had known about the postcard swap earlier I will have to keep an eye out for the next one!ReplyDelete
Oh my you have been busy and so many lovely projects on the go . That list is very long for this month , good luck and look forward to seeing your postcard.ReplyDelete
I'd say you have done quite well. Someone once said, it is better to set goals and fall short than set no goals and succeed wonderfully.ReplyDelete
OMGoodness you have been very busy making lots of lovely swaps and projects and your list isn't getting any smaller...ReplyDelete
You are like me Janet. We just can't stop our finger from pressing "ENTER" for swaps. LOL.
I am also in Sheila's Postcard swap.....
what amazing lists!ReplyDelete
so much achieved and so much on the next list.
That's a fabulous list of 'dones' and a long list of 'to-dos'! How do you keep track of it all!? Enjoy the summer whilst it's here - we're having a glorious one here in the UK.ReplyDelete