Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A bit of sewing this week…

Firstly…Brenda from Oshawa… you have been so sweet commenting regularly on my posts.  I love to respond to comments and try to do so all the time, because hey – when I leave a comment on someone’s post I love to get a response.  But Brenda you always come up as a no-reply blogger.  Please check out this link to see how to rectify that.

I have managed to get a little bit done last weekend and this so I think I’ll do a mid-month report (well mid-month plus three)…

We’ve had very mild weather and I’ve been out doing a lot of snowshoeing and skiing, but despite that, and being busy at work, I have managed to sew.  First here is our 1.5 hour ski trek today.  Grey out, but warm. We let the men break the trail Smile  Had a little fire and tea/rum break and then the women headed home while the men went off to check out another trail.

IMG_6154

Last weekend I finished my January – February 6 inch blocks.  Terry wanted any block in black, white and one other colour.  This block is from the 100 Quilt Blocks magazine Volume 3 and was designed by Leslee Price.  It is a lovely block but I would definitely change some things if I were to make it again.

IMG_6148

And I also finished my January - February Adventure block.  Samantha wanted a Saw Blades block in bold and dark colours.  I think this qualifies.

IMG_6150 

And this weekend I completed my Bee Balm bee blocks for Liz in Australia.  She sent us charm squares from the Mama Said Sew line and asked for this really quick and easy block from Jera at Quilting in the Rain.com.  The tutorial is found at Moda Bakeshop.

IMG_6157

And since I have been motoring along on my swaps I allowed myself some time to work on the baby quilt.  Here it is with the borders all added and sandwiched up ready to quilt. 

IMG_6156

I also made some progress on the cardinal at the class last Monday, but I’m not ready to show it off yet. 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Janet

14 comments:

  1. That looks like a sweet baby quilt, and loving all your bee blocks, esp. those Mama Said Sew ones. So cute!! Looks like fun in the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks/sounds like a nice outing! Love all of your blocks and the baby quilt is darling. I really like the colors you chose for the quilt.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great sewing done, fabulous blocks and love the snowy pics, its 38c here today, thats quite the opposite of where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, you've worked hard. I love your blocks. I'm your partner this Feb- Mar in the 6" block swap. I hope you'll like what i'm making.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that baby quilt. You've got some fun swaps there, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby quilt is so sweet, what is the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so many bee blocks .. I'm jealous of your skiing trip! Here it's gray and sunless and the temps are hovering around the freezing point ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. snow trekking looks like it is probaby quite hard work... fun though.. lovely blocks and such a pretty baby quilt...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet, I'm amazed at all the things you manage to do. Snowshoeing seems so exciting although cold (the rum part sounds good :). Then you return home and work on all those projects. Lovely blocks you've completed. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...I think I got the edits done to enable the email address to show?
    I used to love x country skiing...all day at our home the other side of Peterborough...back in the day. Just a superb way to enjoy winter isn't it? Love the idea of Rum Toddies on the side of the trail. All I ever took was a camera and thermos of coffee. Gee, I was a bore! haha
    Your blocks and quilt top look lovely and bright.
    Cheers...Brenda from Oshawa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work Janet , you have been busy both sewing and snowshoeing , what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, look at you! You have been so busy and it shows....those blocks (even the one you would change) are lovely and the baby quilt will keep some sweet one warm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Janet - I can't believe how much you've gotten done. Since I went back to work I feel like I'm scrambling to get done the little I manage for a couple of blog hops. I loved your picture in the snow though I can't even imagine doing that trek. I love the snow but I love to be inside when it's outside. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to get comments too. I have been reading off and on. My biggest love (other than my husband of 55 1/2 years) is my horse Sage and then quilting. I finished my first one a few weeks ago, I do Promise Stitching - all hand done. I was quite proud of myself. Love your outdoor pictures. Not my ambition though. Love looking at it and have been working my horse a little with some on the ground yet.
    Lea

    ReplyDelete