Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday Night Sew In Report

I wasn’t overly productive last night, but I did manage to finish my first block for the postage stamp quilt.  Since I’m participating in this swap of two inch postage stamp squares, I figured I’d better start putting them together.  Ta-da…

IMG_5196

Please don’t look too closely at the paint peeling off the side of the house.  This is our first sunny day in a month so I decided to take advantage of the natural light for a photo.

I’m thinking of putting my blocks together with sashing in a colour like this.

IMG_5195

What do you think? 

I won a $20 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop from Jen during the Table Topper blog hop which has now been put to good use.  I ordered a bit of a darker purple to try out – and I also ordered a Kona colour card so I can check out all the hues.

There are 100 squares in this block and I have 1500 charms currently.  With another 500 I can make a double bed size quilt.

It is Christmas Quilt Along day, hosted by Lynn today.  I haven’t started any Christmas Quilting yet, but I still have time.  DH has gone with a friend to move our sailboat from its current mooring over to nearby.  It is a thirty-something trip by water.  They may be here tonight, or may stay out overnight.  So my evening is my own. 

Hope you are all having a lovely summer, or winter, day.

Janet

16 comments:

  1. Love the postage stamps.. and your corners meet just perfectly....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those little squares look so cute. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing patience, Jan! All those tiny squares - it will be fabulous finished. And I love the purple sashing...purple is a personal fav of mine at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all those little blocks are just mind boggling.
    Love them.
    good that you managed to enjoy some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love postage stamp quilts but don't think I'll ever be patient enough to make one. What you've put together looks perfect. Amazing pictures. Just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple, the best for the sashing, it sets off the blocks so well. A whole lot of hours in the making, and lovely to hang it outside to get the best light for a photo.looking at the quilt, I would not even see the paintwork. Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  7. The postage stamps look great. I think I'd go for the sashing to give the eye a place to rest from all that clourful goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sashing and the color you have chosen. Love the look of the postage stamp block. I know there are several postage stamp swaps now and what a wonderful way to use up your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done.. Nice sashing you chose too.
    My postage stamp is STILL in the box.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Janet , there is so much patience in those postage stamp blocks getting all of the seams to line up.
    I do love the plum for the border it will work beautifully with this design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful block Janet. Those squares are so small and the seams match perfectly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour you have shown for the sashing. I think it's a good idea to separate the blocks like that as it will give the eye somewhere to rest in between looking at all the fabrics in each block.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the color would be lovely for the sashing ,wow those are tiny blocks .It is gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  14. you could use ssshings of different wow colors for each block instead of just one color... beautiful stitching... I spent all day yesterday cutting charms and still have a lot to cut... guess I better get off my blog reading and start some more cutting...cutting... cutting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I've not been over for a visit for a while but I've made a cup of tea and I;m going to sit and catch up on all you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful block! Love the scrappiness of the tiny squares...Thanks for helping me with the trial linky party! It seems to be working well, and I appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete