Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, February 5, 2012

This week–January 30th to February 5th– I…

Stayed in Whitehorse Monday to Thursday again.  It was fun having a little pseudo holiday with my friend at the girl cave, but I am happy I’m not going back there again this week.  Although I will be staying in Whitehorse two nights because…

I started a class at my LQS.  I was on a waiting list for this class and got a call two days before saying that they had a space.  There was a ton of prep for the class but my friend Dahn gave me her box of prepared fabrics to work out of.  She is such a dear!  The class is on Carol Taylor's method of couching.  Carol was in Whitehorse last fall giving a class but I didn’t get to go because I was working on the election.  The owner of our LQS received permission from Carol to put on a class to teach her technique.  So lucky for me.  This is Carol`s technique.Skinny Quilts and Table Runners: From Today's Top Designers

In the first class I got my background fabric completed….

IMG_4526

There are two more classes, on Monday and Wednesday evenings this week….

I stayed on track with exercising.  Walked on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, snow shoed on Saturday and Sunday, and on Wednesday…. I went swimming!  First time I`ve been to the big pool in Whitehorse in about four years.  Swam 30 lengths at 45 seconds a length equals 22 minutes of swimming…

Received my last two dragon postcards….

IMG_4536
IMG_4537

And completed and mailed the two that I had to send….

IMG_4510
IMG_4512

And I did some quilting on the fairy quilt….  Finished the stars in the inner sashing and started outlining the zigzag.  I just need to finish the zigzag lines and the stars in the outer border and I can put on the binding!

IMG_4535

Oh yeah… I have to bury all those threads too…

Have a great week everyone!


Janet

8 comments:

  1. Hey those are great colour choices for the Carol Taylor class. I like it so far! :-)

    And I love the dragons. That sounds like a good swap to be in...

    Back to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some fabulous dragons.

    Your fairy quilt is looking good. It looks very soft and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I love your work! The greens in your class quilt are lovely! Very balanced layout. Fairy quilt will be lovely too!
    For your strings, I learned to hold the end of the top thread, and let the needle depress once, when it comes up again, tug on the top thread in your hand, it makes a loop on the fabric and you can bring up the bottom thread. Then take a few stitches in place. Later, you can cut both threads and not have to bury them in the quilt!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you with the exercising! I had a couple of sick-o days and had a cruddy exercise-avoiding week. Back on that train this week! I love all the dragons. What a fun swap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a "fun" life you have. It seems like you're always doing something interesting (except for the exercise part...). I enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving the dragons xx have fun with your course x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dragon post cards. What got you guys started on these?

    http//richardquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilting looks great.

    Glad you got into the class - the runner on the front of the book looks fabulous so I'll be very interested to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete