Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A photo an Hour for Saturday August 4th

I’m super late getting this post up… as it is my Sunday photo an hour day today…

We were on a four day boating trip with friends and the 4th was our return home day.

8:30 a.m. Waking up to a beautiful sunny day – the view from our bed in the boat.

IMG_5299

9:30 a.m. Water on the campfire for tea.

IMG_5301

10:30 a.m.  It’s time to make breakfast.  DH chopping up some firewood.

IMG_5303

11:30 a.m.  My brunch… a bacon, tomato and avocado sandwich on toast with no dressing.  Delicious, despite what it looks like.  Don’t you love my Hercules plate?

IMG_5304

12:30 p.m. A little walk out to the point to check it out.  Lovely clear water.

IMG_5306

1:30 p.m. The boys are off hiking while Janine and I play around the fire.  She is colouring on white rocks.  I was working on a cross stitch.

IMG_5309

2:30 p.m. Time to pack up and wend our way home.

. IMG_5310

3:30 p.m. It is close to dead calm.  No sailing available right now.

IMG_5311

4:30 p.m. Honestly DH was having a wonderful time.  He’s just squinting from the sun.  Notice the untanned band on his arm.  I had to borrow his watch for the day so I’d know when to take pictures.

IMG_5313

5:30 p.m. As we rounded Scotty Island we said goodbye to our friends.  They were taking a different route so they could pull their boat as they were having motor troubles all day.

IMG_5315

6:30 p.m. We stopped at this picturesque spot for a little “stretch your legs” break.  The water is really high this year and there aren’t as many stopping spots as there would normally be.

IMG_5317

7:30 p.m.  We ran into our other sailing friends, out for an overnight camp.

IMG_5322

8:30 p.m. Ah, now there’s a bit of wind and DH wants to try a little sailing.

IMG_5328

9:30 p.m. I’ve retired to the inside couch to read my book.

IMG_5330

10:30 p.m. Home at last.  My potatoes look like they survived four days of neglect.  And I’m off to bed.

 IMG_5339

One last photo of the muskrat that swam by when we were beaching our boat. 

IMG_5332

Janet

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your photos so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Photos! I have that same plate, grandson now eats off it. Made me laugh almost from a different life but still in use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really fun filled day! What a great adventure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually had my first bacon, tomato, avocado plus the lettuce sandwich last month. My grandson started eating them this past spring semester in New Zealand while he was there for a semester. I used mayo on mine also. I have always liked avocado on sandwichs with just mayo so I am with you on this sandwich.

    ReplyDelete