Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Friday Night with Friends Report for October

I am really late posting for FNWF.  Arghh!  Life seems to be so busy all the time now.  Is the world spinning faster?  Am I out of control?  Or maybe just lazier?

On Friday night I laid out two En Provence blocks to sew together.  You may remember from my last post that I have four left to sew.  This is as far as I got.


The sub-blocks for the first block are sewn into rows, but the rows aren't sewn together.  The second block isn't even started.  I kept thinking I would at least get the rows sewn sometime this week, but it isn't going to happen.

It was Thanksgiving weekend in Canada last weekend.  I had to attend one turkey dinner and host a second one.  Both were delicious!  Lots of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, yams, Brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, whipped cream and other miscellaneous offerings such as broccoli salad, kale salad, green bean salad, and delicious appies.  Today is my hubby's birthday as well as a good friend's.  We are going out for dinner and then to a documentary about the Tragically Hip, a legendary (at least in Canada) Canadian rock and roll band, which is one of my hubby's favourites.

On a fun note, I have another "what is it" photo for you.


This one should be easier to guess.  The teaspoon is there for determining size.

I hope you will stop by Cheryll's blog to see what everyone else got up to for Friday Night With Friends.  I haven't had a chance to check them all out yet myself!

Janet 

12 comments:

  1. Purple and lime green in your block and the photo. Is it a cylindrical beetroot? We have them here, long, round, and last year grew some that were almost orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radishes have always been one of my favourite garden snacks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your Thanksgiving celebrations took over from sewing! I thought squashed beetroot at first then though radish. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LaProvince is slowly growing.. love,y Thanksgiving celebrations..
    Hmm ! I think it's a Radish...

    Janet do you know why when I press on your link on FnWFs my blog comes up ????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to go with radish. I understand your frustration about not having time to get stuck into your sewing. Enjoy your night out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet,lovely block and i think its a beetroot? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are very busy Janet. Your block is lovely..this guess is harder than the last one...I will go with radish too, but I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The block is sooo pretty! Happy belated Thanksgiving and happy birthday to your hubby :) No idea what that thing is...!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to vote for beet as well. Sounds like you celebrated Thanksgiving in style with lots of great food....yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely block Janet and I too think this is a beet root .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got hungry while reading about your turkey dinners and had to go get a snack ... not nearly as filling or tasty....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a lovely block! It sounds like you had some delicious food for all of you. Hmmm, I have no idea what it is, at all.

    ReplyDelete