Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Friday Night Sew in for May

Guess what I did for Friday Night Sew In this month.... I completed another hexie flower!  The centre flower for this one was made by my friend Alberta from Georgia.  Oh how I would love to meet her one day.



Only nine more flowers to complete and then I can start to put the whole quilt together again.

But the hexies flower quilt will be on the back burner for a few weeks.  I leave tomorrow morning to go to the Saskatchewan Stitches Conference  with my friend Linda.  Why are we driving 2600 km to quilt and stitch?  Well we have a friend, Lori, who moved to Saskatchewan years ago.  Lori went to the conference three years ago and she told Linda that the conference was a spiritual quilting experience.  Linda and Lori both went last year and this year they have convinced me to come as well.

I have signed up for six classes and I am sure they will all be very exciting and interesting.  Right now I am exhausted from working lots of overtime in the last couple of weeks and having to get things finished up prior to going away.  But I have my camera ready to take photos of our drive and the fun at the conference.  The only problem is that it is at a monastery and I understand there is no internet access.  But I'll figure out a way to put up a post or two about our adventures!

Head on over to Sugarlane Designs to check out what others accomplished for Friday Night Sew In.

Janet 

9 comments:

  1. looks like a great event, where will you stop on the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sure you will have a fabulous time at the conference ! Lovely hexie and not many more to make , you are doing great .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet,lovely hexie and i hope you have a lovely time at the conference,cant wait to see what you sew and stitch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lucky you! I would totally drive that far to have fun with friends!! Looking forward to seeing pics! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hexie flower. Have fun at the conference. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Have a wonderful time. Lovely hexie flower x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hexie work. Gosh, your trip sounds like it's going to be amazing - have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your conference and I look forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely hexie , then time to rest...
    Enjoy your conference.

    ReplyDelete