Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Friday Night with Friends Report for March

Greetings fellow sewers,

When I returned from Hawaii I laid out my three completed rows for the hexie flower quilt along with the five rows I already had joined together and I decided it needed to be a little bit bigger.  I needed eight more flowers for the sides and one more row for the bottom.  So on Friday I started putting the flowers together.  

I managed to get one side flower prepped and ready to join on the main quilt.  


And this morning at our local craft club meeting (we meet once a month on the first Sunday for an hour - mostly to plan what we are going to do, but I always take some hand sewing to work on) I sewed it on to its spot on the quilt.



I have decided that I want to get the additions done and the two big pieces of the quilt sewn together by the end of March.  This may be unrealistic, but I am going to try.  I also want to get all the pieces cut and the preliminary blocks sewn for Bonnie Hunter's last mystery quilt En Provence.  The mystery steps are no longer available from her, but I saved them all when they came out over Christmas.  I want to put that quilt together at my quilt retreat which is the third week of April.  I'm going to be busy!!

I hope you all had a great Friday of sewing.  :) Please check out Cheryll's blog Gone Stitchin'  to see what everyone else got up to for Friday Night with Friends.

Janet 

15 comments:

  1. Well done. I love your Grandmother's Flower Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it back to reality with a bump for you too Janet ? - it is wet and windy here andwe are both eager to get out in the garden and tidy up after our month away. Good luck with meeting your March deadline. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet,lovely work my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hexies are looking great - sounds as if you have a fair bit on your plate...enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - Love the picture in your blog header...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - when I saw your blog header I thought I just want to live there. So pretty. And what an inspiration you are to me with this hexie quilt. You go girl! (Also it is very pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hexies, they look fabulous. The scenery in your header is gorgeous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you really motor..it seems to take me so much longer to put my hexies together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty colours in your hexies, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is growing nicely Janet. You are brave to take on the latest Bonnie mystery , it is pretty but sure looks like a ton of work . Have fun 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of being able to finish a block and just sew it on to the quilt! Looking lovely!

    When you were in Hawaii did you get to see a Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (their state fish)? I was a classroom volunteer in my daughters 2nd grade class who's teacher was from Hawaii. I've never been able to forget how to pronounce that darn fishes name! I'd love to see one in person but I hear Jaws music in water...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great effort & I love the "flowers...
    It was lovely having your company at FNwF... xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hexie flower quilt! Little hexies flowers always look so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope it has not been to much of a temperature SHOCK since you came home xx lol s You seem to have brought the summer colours home with you x

    ReplyDelete