Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, March 19, 2017

St. Patrick's Friday Night Sew In Report

I had a great FNSI.  Finished work on time, did the grocery shopping, got home and went to my friend Linda's house to watch Jeopardy, our Friday routine, and started sewing while there.  Then I went home, hubby cooked dinner and I continued sewing.  You would think I would have had time to finish the darn hexie flower quilt... NOT!  But I did get a decent amount done.  And I was in the spirit of St. Patrick's day with all my green!

Green borders added to these two flowers that I had already joined to the main quilt...


And then I started working on the last row...


I'm excited enough about reaching the end of the main part of the quilt that I have started thinking about and planning the borders..... yes this baby is going to have a couple of borders, so there will be more hexie sewing to show.  I hope you aren't getting bored with it yet. :)

We have a new bird feeder.  We have had so many birds visiting that we needed it!  Pine Grosbeaks, Red Crossbills, Redpolls and the odd chickadee.  This morning Harry, the Hairy Woodpecker stopped by to feast on the suet.


Although they spill many seeds on the ground and will feast on them there.


Although the squirrel doesn't like them munching on what he considers to be his!!


I hope you had a productive FNSI.  Please stop by Wendy's blog to see what everyone got up to.

Janet 

12 comments:

  1. How exciting that your up to the part to begin thinking about border hexies!!! That is progress!! Thanks for sharing the great photos - it's different seeing the photos of bird feeders with snow on the ground. Cute squirrel - we don't get them here - we get possums instead lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexagon flowers look lovely Janet. How lovely having all those little birds visit and the cheeky squirrel. We don't have squirrels here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hexie-stitching! I need to do more of it! Keep up the good work -- nope, not bored with it! Thank you for the comments on my blog too! See you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet,love your hexies and i have enjoyed your pics,that squirrel is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be pleased to be nearing the end of your hexie quilt. You're getting lots of birds. I haven't seen one redpoll this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a nice feeling to be near the end of a big project. Well done. Love your "nature" photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great St Pat's hexie flowers 🌺 and I love the new bird feeder...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing the progress on your Flower Garden hexies. It must be hard for wildlife during Winter x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hexies Are progressing great. Love the outdoor pics. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, nearly at the border, I am so impressed.. I just seem to end up making flowers and never getting them together... oh, love the snow... wish I was there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking forward to following your progress with the borders - it is all looking lovely so far. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are doing so well and it looks wonderful . We dont seem to have as many birds this winter , never saw any Grosbeaks, purple finch or redpolls . Strange as we had so many last year .

    ReplyDelete