Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Friday Night Sew In Report

Well Friday night was pretty well a bust for me.  I was exhausted after a long week at work and other than about fifteen minutes working on the layout for my Spring themed postcard for Sheila, I did nothing even slightly related to sewing. 

But the whole week wasn’t a wash-out…  I put together one flower using the second round hexies I received from Jenny for February in the Inchy Hexagon Flower Swap

IMG_8820

And I made these blocks for Lisa from Saskatchewan for the Canadians Quilt Bee.  I love these + and x blocks – they are so much fun to make.

IMG_8813

And yesterday my friend Linda P. and I went to a class where we got detailed instruction on how to make the Sew Together bag (pattern by Sew Demented).  The pattern was duly purchased from Craftsy where you can purchase it too if you want to make yourself one of these beautiful babies!

Here is my completed bag.  Notice FOUR zippers (three inside pockets and the outer zip), full binding, a little pin cushion, and there is also a needle keep on the opposite inside wall.

IMG_8819

IMG_8815

I know…. my fabric choices are bright and busy, but It turned out beautiful.  And I have been wanting to use the Love Bird fabric in something for a long time.  Smile 

As you can see it is lovely and sunny here these days and our snow is melting.  I must get a new photo for my header…

I hope the snow is melting for you too - especially if you live in Eastern Canada.  I must be off and finish that postcard as it needs to be in tomorrow’s mail.

Janet

14 comments:

  1. Lovely projects! Great hexies and blocks, too. Don't you just love the Sew Together bag? I followed the tutorial that Quilt Barn so graciously shared on their web site and that made it ever so much easier. I loved picking out all the different fabrics to make them scrappy and before I knew it I had sewn four of them! lol They have made great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is beautiful and I love the hexi flower. Here are the fruit trees in full blossom and my street looks amazing. I'll have to take some pics and updated my blog. I did not miss the winter at all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hexie, super bright bag, and the background snow, perfect. Down here mornings are cool, 2 frosts so far, and we lit the fire yesterday, maybe the earliest for some years.,

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I love that header photo, I dream of living where I would see a beautiful scene like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great colours in your new hexie and your bee blocks look gorgeous.
    well done on your multi zippered bag, I think I would break out in a sweat just thinking about all those zips! very cute fabric too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hexie and those blocks are great .I really love the bag , that looks like it would be so useful ! My postcard is on its way and should arrive soon .

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely sewing... the bag is very happy and pretty and will be so useful...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bag - I am going to give it a go - sometime! Love the hexies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag. One day I will be brave enough to try 4 zips at once. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is some gorgeous Sew Together bag you have there! It's just perfect. Love the hexie flower... great colour combination. All that and some x and + blocks.... I'd say you've been busy. Enjoy your days in the sun.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you take your photos with your sewing on the snow. The sewing pouch is beautiful-- I was very lucky to have received one as a gift from a fellow blogger--there is no way I would attempt it-- I have enough problems with 1 zipper, let alone 4.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet your little bag is adorable - I've been thinking of buying this pattern but haven't taken the plunge yet. And I love your hexies! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous blocks and I love the bag!

    ReplyDelete