Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Today is Day 6

Welcome to the last day of Blogathon Canada brought to you by Sew Sisters Quilt Shop in the metropolis of Toronto, Canada.

Did I tell you about Sew Sisters?  They have a brick and mortar shop in Toronto and an on-line store at the link above.  They stock Kona solids, lots of beautiful modern fabics, a Canadiana line called Stonehenge which is awesome, and lots of other lovely fabrics.  The prices are good, the service is better and every once in a while they have a free shipping in Canada event.  And they have been hosting this awesome Canadian blogathon for the last three years.  Check them out!

The host bloggers for today are

Lorna from Ontario at Sew Fresh Quilts

Sandy from Ontario at Upstairs Hobby Room

They will have more giveaways, and lists of Ontario bloggers for you to check out.  And there will be another giveaway on the Sew Sisters blog.

Thank you again to the sponsors!  Robert Kaufman, Timeless Treasures, Camelot Fabrics, Northcott and Aurifil.

I have created a monster for myself, having such an awesome giveaway.  And deciding that I had to respond to the commenters and check out their blogs!  Oh well…  There have been quite a few no reply commenters.  If you check and find out that you are one of them, you can email me your contact info.  Don’t leave another comment – I won’t accept your info update that way. 

A few people asked about the arrow blocks.  I made these for one of our participants in the Canadians Quilt Bee on Flickr.  This might be a closed group – I’m not sure.  Anyway here is the link to the tutorial we used.  It is from Carla at Grace and Favour blog.  And it is pieced, not paper pieced, and is actually quite easy to make.

IMG_8301

This is what our weather has been like.  We are waiting patiently for more snow and colder temperatures!

Janet

12 comments:

  1. it has been fun finding out about these other quilters x shame it is coming to an end xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Stonehenge was Canadian. Yes, those fabrics are awesome.
    Thanks for all the effort putting the hop together. It is always fun to meet new quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the arrow tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet - one of my fondest memories from my working life was visiting the Yukon a couple of times, one in the dead of winter (BRR!) and one in the fall. Thanks for your part in the Blogathon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful view... sarah@forrussia.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Blogathon has been so much fun. I love the picture - it brought back many happy memories of living in northern BC and YT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this blog hop and meeting all of you'll

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your website especially the quilt picture taken outside. Il will be a frequent visitor to your site. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photography is great and really makes me want to seee your area, but I don't think I'd cope very well with your weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet - so nice to 'discover' your blog. The costume you made for your granddaughter is fabulous !!! What a lucky girl. I had to laugh when I read you are "waiting patiently for more snow and colder temperatures", come on down to Saskatchewan - we got lotso that and we share !!
    my email for the draw is : farmersfeedfamilies@gmail.com
    and my blog is http://www.piecemakerquilts.wordpress.com
    if you care to visit !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the link for the arrow block tutorial. These have been on my wanting to-do list, hehe.

    usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete