Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Janet is not well

 

Today Janet has a guest blogger- me!

My name is Linda and I am a novice quilter who avidly reads Janet`s blog just to find out what she`s doing. I aspire to do some of the projects that she rattles off so easily, but I have not yet developed the skills.

So why is Janet not here you might ask. She has not been in tip top shape for quite some time and finally saw a doctor who diagnosed a concussion. So she is on ``bedrest`` or very quiet time until things start to improve. This includes no brain stimulation for a few days. No sewing, computers, television, or reading. Just rest.

For those of you who are not aware, concussion is very much in the news these days as it relates to sports injuries. What we forget is that it can happen to anyone. That smack on the head from opening a door or falling down or walking into something can cause the same kind of damage as a sports injury.

Usually you just have a bit of a headache and perhaps some slight nausea. The problem is in ignoring the headache, nausea, fatigue, and developing dizziness thinking that you have a touch of the ``flu`` when you really have a concussion. So keep that in mind the next time you bang your head against the wall due to snafu with your latest quilting project. Always follow-up with your doctor if symptoms persist for more than a few days.

Janet should be back soon so lets all wish her well.

Linda

 

IMG_6229

My first effort at posting a picture. The resident squirrel chases the birds while competing for seeds.

 

IMG_6226

This is a Red Crossbill it is a rarity for Carcross as our usual feathered friends of this genre is the White-Winged Crossbill.

22 comments:

  1. Tell Janet to take care of herself. Hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give Janet my love and tell her to rest and get better soon.
    Hugz
    Maria XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, hello Linda - thank you for stepping into the breach and letting us all know about Janet's woes! And very many good wishes and healing thoughts beaming through the ether to Janet!

    Blogs open my eyes to all corners of the world - and in your remote corner, maybe Janet has been bopped by a bear?? Slipped in the snow? Been felled by an elk?? Or a more British 'had a tap on the head some days ago, but don't like to make a fuss'.

    Whichever it is, take care of yourself Janet - and get fit and healthy again soon!

    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda and {{{hugs}}} to Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take good care of Janet, we miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thankyou for letting us know that Janet is unwell. Give her a big get well hug.
    thanks for the lovely pics, so love that little squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell Janet I am thinking of her and praying she gets well soon. It is not easy learning we are not as hard headed as we think we are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please tell Janet I send wishes for her quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for letting us know about Janet and please give her a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for keeping every one up to date.
    Well done on your blog post, I think the pictures were lovely.
    I'll be saying some prayers for Janet.
    Polly
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard and of course Janet must follow doctor's orders. I hope she is back to feeling normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda - thanks for sharing this on Janet's behalf. Prayers and thoughts are with her, hoping she's well soon! And you did a great job sharing those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your pics. Please give my best to Janet (she has no idea who I am though LOL)...
    I'd had a concussion and apparently a brain hemorrhage from a fall off my bike as a kid (60s), no helmets then.
    The brain hemorrhage wasn't found until I was experiencing severe vertigo while at work in 1994 - Blood had traveled through the brain to the the edge of the brain vault and had calcified. Some get kidney stones, I've got a brain stone! NEVER take a head injury for granted.
    I'm a great advocate of people, all ages wearing helmets on bikes and for sports; makes me so frustrated to see folks ignore their safety.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw poor Janet. Hope she is feeling much better soon. Big hugs for her x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please Linda, send Janet my wishes for a quick recovery. She will be in my prayers.
    Your photos are just wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for letting us know... lots of thoughts and hugz from over the seas.... all the best Janet and get well soon...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. If Janet isn't all hugged out, please give her a warm one from me with best wishes for her return to the blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best wishes to Janet from her Quilters' Book Club. Tell her to take it easy and rest. We want her completely well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Linda for letting us know. My very best wishes to Janet for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness!! I hope the concussion heals quickly for her. Poor Janet - that cannot be fun at all. :/ Thank you for letting us know. Love the squirrel shot.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear, Janet! I wish you a full and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Every March my birch tree, still clinging to hundreds of seeds, has a day when dozens of Red Polls descend upon it to feast. They are so small and fun to watch, and not particularly fearful if I step out in the yard to enjoy them.

    Sewing is a good way to mend any ailment in my book! May you keep feeling more like yourself every day.

    Mary - The Curious Quilter

    ReplyDelete