Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring is just around the corner

Someone sent me an e-mail with this title and an attached picture of a corner of a building with a big spring poking out from around the corner.  It was cute….unfortunately I couldn’t figure out how to copy it. 

I just figured out a way to add the picture....Sometimes I'm really computer savvy!



But I do have a picture of flowers to show.  These aren’t exactly spring flowers….my Christmas cactus has decided to bloom.
IMG_3267
Looks like I need to do some spring cleaning!  Look at all the dust!  Or rather don’t look at all the dust!
I’ve been a bit delinquent on posting some lovely things that have come in the mail.
This is my March Block Swap Adventure block from Helen.  Isn’t it fabulous!  She sent me a few scraps to play with too.
IMG_3263
IMG_3264
Here is the block I sent her…I hope she has received it.  She wanted pale yellow and grey.  It turned out quite wild!
IMG_3236
This is my March Christmas block swap received from Teena.  A lovely wonky star – and the first block I’ve received with any reds in it!
IMG_3265
And the one I sent to her…
IMG_3187
Teena also sent me a lovely dish towel with Melbourne scenes on it; unfortunately I don’t have a picture of it. 
I thought there was a lot more that I’d missed but I guess I have just been overwhelmed!
Janet

4 comments:

  1. What fantastic blocks! Beautiful!! Aren't swaps fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute - isn't it nice that spring is 'just around the corner'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That spring is so funny. As to the dust....It looks like that bumper crop of cedar pollen in Japan has made its way in your direction. Hope it didn't include fall out from the reactors. I guess I should think of you and stop my mutterings about the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of wonderful blocks on show here, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete