Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Monday, July 19, 2010

Excitement in the mail!

I received this lovely exciting card in the mail today from Em

IMG_1936 I sent her a silly little poem (in French yet) about saying Ooh La La  to someone and this is the kind of response I get!  This card, by the way, measures about 16 inches square!  Thanks Em, it’s so cheerful and delicious.  There is a little something on it’s way back to Em, but I’m not going to show it now, in case she happens to peek in here.

My dog and I are both getting better.  He has been spry for part of the time today.  He goes back to the vet on Wednesday to get his bandage and drain removed.  I am going to go back to work tomorrow for at least part of the day. 

My hubby was pointing out to me yesterday how heavily laden the spruce trees are with cones this year.  IMG_1932 Aren’t they giant!  Some branches are bowed with cones and some have broken off from the weight.  There was a white winged crossbill up there eating away but I don’t have enough zoom to get him in the picture.

And here’s a picture of the yellow corner of my sunroom. 

IMG_1938 See that giant nasturtium?  It hasn’t had one flower bud on it but it is sending shoots all over the place.

Janet (this font is called Batik regular.  Cool huh?)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray!!!!D-Day for Zeke. He's all done with his bandage and on the way to recovery. Yipee!
    Nice you're feeling beeter too, Janet. I've never seen a spruce with so many cones. Mine have some, but not as much as yours. Yours is covered. Oh forgot. The card is simply lovely that your friend sent to you. Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card...Glad that you are feeling better.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came here to see your FNSI project, and discovered a fellow Canadian. I'm following now and will watch to see when FNSI gets posted. Welcome to blog-land BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Em wonderful? Love the card. I was wondering who that was going to be sent off to. Glad you are both feeling better.

    ReplyDelete