Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Friday Night Sew In January 2018

Ah life is so busy when you are retired!!  I did manage some sewing for Friday Night Sew In which, as usual, was hosted by lovely Wendy who blogs at Sugarlane Designs.

At the end of February I am having some company come to visit.  First my cousin Dawn is coming from Edmonton for three days.  I am sure she will regret not making her trip longer, especially because my sister and brother-in-law arrive from Australia on the afternoon of the day she leaves at 6 a.m.  At the same time my niece Brianna will be visiting her family (mom and dad, brother, his wife and a niece and nephew) in Whitehorse. 

A long time ago – actually 2010 – I started this quilt.  I started this blog because of this quilt.  I also decided a long time ago that this quilt will be for my niece Brianna.  The flimsy has been made for years and I even started quilting it a few years ago.  Well it is time to get it done!  I have a month to finish it – even slowpoke me should be able to accomplish that. 

So over this weekend I did some quilting on the first of the three panels.  This panel is called “Cats in the Sun”  so I worked on the rays of sunshine. 

008

And then I put flowers in the garden.

010

The first panel is almost done and I had previously done the bulk of the quilting on the second panel, so I really am more than halfway done with the quilting.  YAY! 

What did you do for FNSI? 

Janet

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics, and quilting to match. Outdoor skating rink? ice hockey? or just plain funning the cold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a very lovely quilt Janet. You must be looking forward to all your visitors. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. busy.. but having fun it seems xx Can you hear us all cheering you on from the sidelines as you FINISH the quilting? lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your quilting Janet... love those sunrays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt! Those kitties are so cute! Sounds like you are going to have a great time with family soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt! Your quilting is spot on!
    Hope she enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete