Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, February 7, 2016

52 Week Photo Challenge

Shaz from Alsha's Space blog is doing the 52 week photo challenge again this year and I thought I would join in.  I haven't been taking as many photos as I would like and this may encourage me.

The word for week one is "red".  I have hummed and hawed about what to take a photo of that was red.  Then today my two girls who live close by put on a lovely party for my birthday (which is tomorrow).  We all had a nice ski and then lots of food.  The cake was a pièce de résistance.  I told DD # 3 that I wanted a cake without sugar.  Well the cake wasn't totally sugar free as it had some maple sugar in it, but it was really lovely.  Coconut cake with whipped coconut cream topping and berries.  It was beautiful and fits the bill for a photo of red.

What does it mean to me?  That I have a wonderful family and great friends and that we can share fun times together.



And that I am very lucky!  I only wish that my Newfoundland family could have been here.

Janet


9 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday. The cake looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Janet. That is the perfect picture for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, what a fab cake, and it surely fits the bill for RED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. works all round .. have a great birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very fun red and healthy too :) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Janet.. Love that cake !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cake and perfect for this weeks photo! Very happy birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cake and a perfect fit for your red theme. Wishing you a very happy birthday Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Janet , love the cake . Enjoy your special day .

    ReplyDelete