Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Friday Night With Friends Report

This weekend has whipped by in a blur it seems.  Part of the reason for that is that I spent a good bit of it sewing!  Friday night and Saturday I hung out with my friend Dahn and played with fabric and other fun things.  I love going to Dahn's house.  She has a great studio to play in, for one thing.  But even better - her first love is art quilting and she has pieces of her work hanging all over the house.  It is wonderful!

Her studio isn't huge but there is a lot of stuff in it - fabric (lots of her home dyes), thread, magazines, inspirational pieces on the wall, art quilting supplies and Ripley, the cute dachshund.


We may not have been as productive as one would think though because we had lots to talk about. :)

Dahn created this huge tote bag.


I worked on some hot pads that I am making for my friend Judy.  She is having a booth at a craft show and asked me to give her some things to sell.  You can see I haven't quite finished the binding on one of them.


And I made this postcard for Sheila's fall postcard swap.  I watched a show about giraffes last week and decided I love these animals.


Yup!  It was a pretty fantastic Friday Night with Friend's!  I hope you had a good one too.  Head on over to Cheryl's blog to see what everyone else was up to.

Janet 

9 comments:

  1. I can see why you enjoyed creating at Dahn's house... Yep love the giraffe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that giraffe! Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giraffes are awesome, and your postcard looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would love creating at Dahn's house too . Great hotmats and I love the giraffe , awesome . I watched a show just last night on CBC about them and it was super interesting .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a really good time. The postcard is lovely Janet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet,wow lots of lovely things made,and what a wonderful sewing room xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely, colourful sewing room. I'll bet you had lots of fun there. The blue hot pad with the pop of orange is lovely - it would be a great colour idea for a quilt. That giraffe postcard belongs in a frame!

    ReplyDelete