Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Sunday, January 26, 2014

52 week word photo challenge

I missed the photo challenge last week.  I just plum forgot about it until it was too late.  But I’m in this week.  I just looked up what the word for the week was this morning – and it was a perfect word for me because today it was very beautiful and BRIGHT outside.   Kind of like this …

IMG_7045

After two weeks of spring like weather – above zero everyday and lots of melting – the temperature has finally cooled a bit.  All the ice on the lakes was starting to melt and it froze up again making a beautiful skating surface in some spots.  For my BRIGHT picture I am choosing this one…

IMG_7046

That may look like two lonely boots out on the ice, but it is really a hockey net…. Here’s one more photo so you can see the set up…

IMG_7053A

Don’t you love how  I snuck three photos into my BRIGHT photo display Smile

Head on over to Alsha's Space and check out some other BRIGHT photos.

Janet

12 comments:

  1. Bright and beautiful, and yes, it does look like 2 very huge boots out there. I am guessing the ice is still very firm and thick. Super crystals too . Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that bright sun reflecting on the ice - well done Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely selection of beautiful bright photos'
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright, beautiful and cold. Brrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you nailed that one perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bright is so beautiful! Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are forgiven for sneaking the extra pictures .... but only because they are so wonderful .. and BRIGHT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course it is a hockey net. Anyone who has ever played pond hockey would know that. So bright and beautiful. I love that about January (and some Feb), the beautiful sun shining on the snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! I could use some of that ice over here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see a COOL bright! Those bokeh reflections are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, these are AWESOME photos!! And love the header!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete