Saturday night hockey

Saturday night hockey
Saturday night hockey

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Back from Toronto and EPP link party post

I had a great time in Toronto last week, although it seems like it is almost forgotten already.  I came home to a huge snowfall that took about four days to get cleared off the roads.  And now it is –40.  Brr!!

The highlights of my trip were a visit to the textile museum where there was a special exhibit on Mayan fabric, attending Friday night knitting group with my friend, seeing Wynton Marsalis and Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra at Massey Hall, a weekend visit with friends north of the city and a quick trip to Niagara Falls.

IMG_6926

And I got to make friends and play with this cutie…

IMG_6931A

I managed to complete the pathway round on one of my hexie flowers while on the plane coming home.  One of the ladies at the knitting group tuned me in to using a dental floss container to cut your thread on the plane so that they don’t confiscate your scissors.

IMG_6977

One down and seventy-four more to go!!

I received one of the two missing pieces for my flower ball.  I just love the bright, fabrics that Kelli used in her piece (the happy pink and red flowers at the top of the ball)

IMG_6975

The two big pieces on the left and right are all stitched together, but not to each other.  And I still have that pesky upside down piece to fix. 

I’m adding this update on my English Paper Piecing projects to Hydee Ann’s In-hand EPP link party.  Check it out to see other fun EPP projects!

Janet

6 comments:

  1. Brrrr! Good weather to stay inside and sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip. Fun to see Niagara Falls in the winter.
    Your flower ball is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you pop up Janet.. Looks like a fun holiday and your hexie ball is coming along nicely..

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep warm and safe and have a wonderful time over Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a nice winter trip! glad you got your missing pieces for your ball. almost there! stay warm with all that handwork you're doing. =)

    have you ever had scissors confiscated? I always fly with my snips and have never had an issue. the airlines (at least here) allow scissors up to 3 or 4 inch blades. a floss box sounds like a good alternative, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you got out of Toronto just in time- the weather all over the country has been so up and down. I hope your friend was not without power too long- it must have been a very difficult time for them all.
    Your piecing project is coming along nicely. Wishing you all the best in 2014.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete