After my last post, when I optimistically said I’d be back the next day, I had a little bit of computer nausea and haven’t been on much since. But I’m here today with my sewing progress reports.
First let me tell you about my head. I no longer feel like I am carrying a brick in my head. It now ranges from an egg size to peanut size rock, depending … I am still getting very tired and can do most activities for about half an hour at a time before needing to take a break. I am not reading books, exercising, watching television or movies or doing much “bookwork”. “But I have done a little bit of sewing.
Here is how I got on with my April commitments:
1. Six inch quilt block swap – I had two partners in March.
2. Bee Balm block swap – Lizzie’s requested Scrappy Trip Along blocks.
3. Block swap adventure – Julieanne and I agreed to swap two blocks this month.
4. Inchy hexagon swap – Kate’s request was for black and white petals and a red centre.
5. MMM Round Robin – Just got this one finished yesterday. But it is purty! A sneak peek of some of the fabrics I used.
6. Simply Solids block swap – MR’s Scrappy Trip Along Block.
7. Mystery Muse – two items – I only got one finished. See here. And sent and received. But I had this super lovely e-mail from my musee. This makes all my effort worth it.
Dear Janet, Thank you so much for my WONDERFUL gift, I Love it. It arrived late last night the post man buzzed and apologized for being so late but he didn't want to bend it in my mail box. It arrived in perfect condition. Thank You you made my day. I have not been myself this winter and this re connected me with the part of me that gets excited and is passionate about life. Reading the words lit a spark and reminded me that Yes that is still in me. Time to put those winter blahs and blues away and get back into Joy and doing. I Loved painting water on the water colour pencils on the lettering and waves, it really made the word Excited Pop off the page in 3D. Your circles are so wonderful that I want to leave them as is for fear of wrecking them, though temptation my get the better of me, we shall see. Might be too fun not to. Today I aim for Excited which was on the back burner for too long. So Huge Thanks and Big smiles to you for making a difference and the push that was much needed. Your art is inspiring ! Wishing you all the very best... Oh and I am going to wet those circles too, but must run now and do that when I get home later. Then I am hanging it in my bedroom to be the first thing I see when I wake up to set me on the right path for the day. I am Excited to get back to me. I was really lost for a few months but enough of that. Thank You so very very much.
8. Get your Hex On bee Hey! This one was done and mailed before March even started. I showed it last month!!
Get my cardinal done Nope.
Finish the baby quilt Nope again. And there is so little to do…
Get the different pieces for Easy Street cut and pieced. I have all the four patches sewn together. Progress!!
Stitch Me Up blog hop See my post about it here.
As well I started and completed another project – but I can’t show it yet as it is still in the mail.
What will I be doing in April? I am going to a retreat this month for four days. I am going no matter what I feel like! Here’s the list:
1. Six inch quilt block swap – 2 per month – to be mailed by the 15th. Carolyn has asked for a simple block.
2. Bee Balm block swap – still waiting for the instructions to arrive. Mail by April 30th.
3. Block swap adventure – 1 - 12.5 in block – mail by the 25th. I get to choose the block this month. And the colours/fabrics.
4. Inchy hexagon swap – 2 hexies per month – mail by April 30th. Mostly my choice this month. I have the pieces cut and ready to start sewing.
5. MMM Round Robin – mail by April 30th. I haven’t received my block to work on yet.
6. Simply Solids block swap – Mail by April 26th - A paper pieced butterfly. My mind hasn’t been able to grasp how the pattern works yet.
7. Mystery Muse – finish the second item, which is about half done.
8. Get your Hex On bee – mail by April 30th. Kristen wants some complex little hexies, like the Ahhs from Hillbilly Handiworks. I haven’t had the courage to look at them yet.
9. Charm Pack Table Runner – mail by April 30th - for Terry.
As well I am going to:
* Finish the baby quilt!
** Put together FIVE blocks for Easy Street!
*** Finish the table mat I started for the Stitch Me Up blog hop. It is a gift. I need to get it mailed.
**** Work on the new X and + quilt that I started cutting out blocks for. I received a HUGE bag of scraps, with a ton of beige in it. Not my colour at all. But it is all going in this quilt!! I spent Friday Night with Friends cutting pieces for this quilt!
And made two blocks just to try it out. It will be awesome!!
And that’s all folks