I am linking up with two blogs -
Okay I know it isn’t Thursday and that it is Saturday in Australia where Cheryl lives, but this is what is working for me. It is Friday night here and I’m a day late posting for The Year of the Finished Project….
This evening I worked on Easy Street. I got the pieces cut for Step 4 and Step 5 and the purple blocks from Step 7. I have seen at least one person who commented that these steps were so easy that it only took her about two hours to complete them. Well it took me about four hours just to cut the pieces and I haven’t sewn any together! I guess I’m slow.
For the month of January my goal is to finish the top of Easy Street. I think I should be able to get this done. I have four more sets of blocks to cut, but they are fairly simple. And then I have to sew, sew, sew. I am going to put one of each block together tomorrow just to make sure I like my solution to my fabric conundrum.
The other thing I plan to get caught up with and stay on top of in January is my swap blocks (I’m behind on two swap items). I’ve gone and signed up for many swaps again. Sheesh – I can’t seem to help myself. They just look so interesting. These are my current swaps:
1. Six inch quilt block swap – 2 per month – to be mailed by the 15th
2. Bee Balm block swap – starts in February – my month is November
3. Block swap adventure – 1 - 12.5 in block – mail by the 25th
4. Inchy hexagon swap – 2 hexies per month
5. MMM Round Robin – starts in February & runs for six months
6. Quilt You Be Mine Round Robin – only four people in a group & it will be done the end of February but my December block isn’t here yet so I will have two to complete this month.
7. Simply Solids block swap – starts in February but we have our instructions already. My month is September.
There is one more I want to sign up for – the strip block swap on Flickr – but I’ve lost the link. If anyone knows it please let me know (or maybe don’t – I might be slightly crazy to sign up for one more!)
And I also agreed to coordinate the Inchy hexagon swap this year…
So there are my goals for January. I didn’t do very well with completing my Resolved to Sew goals from last year. I completed one DD’s quilt top and my colours quilt top. So I think one goal a month is a better fit for me this year.
Happy New Year to all!