I felt really productive last night. Little bits of this and that but it adds up to a lot! First, I finished thirty of these blocks for DD # 3’s quilt. I had started them earlier in the week but ran out of pieces and had to cut more, which I did on Thursday evening in preparation. 130 blocks finished and only 65 left to go.
Next up is my November Christmas Block Swap block, finally finished. I’m only showing a side view of this to keep my swap partner in suspense.
Then I made the label for this quilt which we are raffling today at our local craft sale. I was there most of the morning and already spent $100 – have to go back at 4 p.m. for the raffle draw and I’ll probably spend more!!!
Then I made these three blocks for a new quilt that I have been itching to start.
I will need seven blocks in each colour and I know already that I don’t have enough yellows and oranges in my string scrap basket. I may have to cut into yardage (gasp!). I thought it was Freudian that I started with the red blocks – I love red, as you know if you’ve looked at my blog. When I see those red blocks together I almost think I should just make an all red quilt! Not enough red strings though.
And finally here are my postage stamp leader/ender blocks from last night. I now have more than 450 of these blocks. Another 100 or so and I’ll start putting them together into a quilt top.
A very successful Friday Night Sew In!