Thanks for all your love and wishes about my father-in-law. He is still hanging on but it will likely only be for another day or two. My DH and I were so glad to get here in time to see him and DH even got a conscious reaction, a smile and an attempt to talk.
He is at the Hospice House and is not in any pain or discomfort. DH has been there with him since we arrived. The rest of us have been back and forth. I spent much of today cleaning my sister-in-law’s house and putting lights on the Christmas tree for her.
Now we are hoping my father-in-law will hold on until my two daughters get here this evening and his other two sons get here, either tonight or tomorrow. One has come from Thailand. My DD in Newfoundland isn’t coming. It is just too far, too complicated and too expensive. She said that the weather is bad there today, planes aren’t flying and ferries aren’t running.
I received two items in the mail last week. Last mail I’ll get until I get home at the end of the year. The first is a little prize I won from Quilt Sue in the Christmas sew along.
A pattern for a wool table mat, a little coaster, chocolate Santa and two candy canes ; as well a beautiful card. Thanks so much Sue. I will definitely be trying the pattern in the new year.
Here is the mug rug I finished for Rika, our friend who is house sitting while we are away, along with the accompanying mug.
I’m also going to show you my Secret Santa present from Linda, but I feel like a heel because I seem to have erased her contact info and her full name etc. is at home. I love the gifts anyway Linda! Thank-you so much.
A really cute wall hanging…and three candles, scented evergreen, cinnamon and vanilla. My grandkids insisted we have all three going for dinner I love the silvery holders and the cute card Linda sent.
I filled out this little questionnaire so you can all find out some really important things about me
1.Sweet or Salty? Definitely salty. I would pick chips or nuts over chocolate any day.
2. Dresses or Jeans? I don’t wear either. Well I wear a dress once or twice a year. I don’t wear jeans at all. I am of the opinion that many people THINK they look better in jeans than they do. I think I probably don’t look too wonderful in jeans. I like soft pants, fancy sweat pants really.
3. House or Apartment? House. Definitely.
4. Shop Online or Offline? I do a lot of shopping on line because there are only so many stores in a town of 30,000 and it is a long way to other stores (1500 miles). I do prefer shopping in person.
5. DVDs or Downloads? DVDs. Our internet connection is slow. It takes 3-4 minutes for most short u-tube videos to open. I wouldn’t have the patience to wait for movies.
6. Cocktails or Juice? I seldom drink juice. Too acidic. I like a glass of wine with dinner. During the day I drink water mostly.
7. Chocolate or Strawberry? Strawberry. Especially ice cream or a milk shake. I like to eat milk chocolate occasionally.
8. Laptop or PC? Laptop. I was a PC girl but when my last computer died I got a laptop and I really like it.
9. Magazines or Newspapers? Newspapers – our local paper 5 days a week and the Vancouver papers when I go to the cafe. I read magazines when waiting in the doctor’s office. Oh and I occasionally buy quilting magazines.
10. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook but not much of that. It’s enough keeping up with blogging. I haven’t ventured in to the world of Twitter at all.
11. CDs or MP3s? CD's. Having upgraded from LPs to tapes to CDs I just can’t do it again.
12. Kids or Pets? Both. Kids are grown but I love it when they come to visit. I love pets too but with DH and I both working it is hard to leave animals at home alone. We took in a stray dog a year and a half ago and love him. DH takes him to work when I won’t be at home with him. Wouldn’t be able to do that with more than one pet.
13. Cookies or Cupcakes? Cookies. Cupcakes are a special treat – possibly on someone’s birthday.
14. Walk or Run? Both. I love walking and I love running. I ran a mile every day for a year two years ago. Now I run only a bit but I want to get back into it.
15. Breakfast in Bed or Breakfast Out? Out of bed. I’m not big on eating in bed.
16. Market or Supermarket? Oh that there was only a market to go to….We have a choice of four grocery stores. I never go to one as it is out of the way, I avoid one as I hate it, I go to the one near my DD’s when I am there and I frequent the fourth.
17. Sourdough or Grainy? Grainy. I have a sourdough starter that came over the Chilkoot Trail in 1898 and I make sourdough bread occasionally. Love it but I like the grainy bread more.
18. Heels or Flats? Definitely flats. I’ve never owned or worn heels.
19. Late nights or Not? Yup. I get up early – 6:30 a.m. usually but my inner self doesn’t really rev up until around 4 p.m. I am usually wide awake at 9 p.m. when DH is ready to go to bed.
20. Coffee or Tea? Tea. I don’t drink coffee at all. One cup of jasmine, green or Earl Grey tea in the morning, or chai tea latte made with soy milk if I go to a cafe, and herbal tea the rest of the time.